I've been thinking rather a lot about viral marketing in today's Web 2 mediascape and it appears that in every successful Web 2 site there is at least one or more viral component, which is largely responsible for the site's success.
As we become better connected through social networks pertinent information is now more viral than ever, with ever decreasing resistance, thanks largely to an increase in points of connectivity and improved usability.
Now that anyone can blog their thoughts online or set up a webpage, the hive has increase exponentially in numbers, making it easier than ever to reach a tipping point.
A couple of years ago, I stated in an interview that I felt the world was turning into a super organism, and that in the future, the human race would become more like a coral reef, at least in it's sense of macro community. Since then social web has become what it is today, and we're begginning to see this transitional phase gather momentum.
affiliate marketing (5) apartments (1) evangelism (1) fanaticism (1) forex (1) Google (9) Last Rhythm (2) linkedin (2) mp3 (1) Music (2) paul reilly (3) PR (1) SEO (8) SMO (4) sms (1) Social Media (3) social network (1) social news (1) spam (3) tag clouds (1) trading (1) travel (3) widgets (1) YouTube (2)
- ► 2007 (24)
- Social Web - Transformation in progress (Pt 1)
- Internet means end for media barons - Rupert Murdo...
- What are the known triggers for sandboxing?
- Off Topic Bastard, You'll Never be a Blogger
- Blog Metrics is Here Sign up over at Performacing....
- The Search, great reading :) you'll love it!
- New Firefox Extension - AllPeers P2P Client
- "All Marketers are Liars" - Seth Godin speaks at G...
- Web 2.0 the New Mega-Theme
- Microsoft Giving Away Free USB Sticks
- ▼ March (10)