Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Squidoo Slapped by Google - Now it Doesn't Flow Pagerank

In a previous post I mentioned how Squidoo was fast becoming a spammers paradise.
The ability to tag lenses in a single click is also an inspired move. The downside is that squidoo is fast becoming a spammer's paradise. I only hope Google don't set Domain_Flow_PageRank=Null. ;)
Well.. Jason Calcanis has caused enough bad press for Matt Cutts to give the order to set the Domain_Flow_Pagerank=Null.

Search Engine Land have the full story here including a timeline.

While my own lenses are still ranking. My blog which used to Rank 12th for my name "Paul Reilly" and was given a boost to 6th for the same query, following the addition of a link in my Squidoo profile.

Since Squidoo got slapped my blog is back in 12th place and my lenses still rank...

This suggests that Pagerank can be passed internally or inwardly, but not outwardly. So if you're using Squidoo for affiliate business, you'll need to tag your pages well and focus on hyper-niche terms - with a single focus per lens.

1 comment:

Incognito said...

About rank: (from Amazon)

Leverage links. Web sites that are linked to from lots of other sites are often deemed more popular and get a higher ranking in search results. However, more important than the number of links is the quality of those links. Contact owners of other Web sites that score highly for key phrases related to your content, and ask them if they will provide a link back to your site. Make sure, too, that the content on your own site is properly linked together. Crawlers will often start with your home page and then follow links from there to other areas of your site. Therefore, if you fail to provide working links to all your pages, some of your content may end up unindexed.

Now who want link exchange?
contact me: alexvorn2@gmail.com or post a comment on my blog:
Tech Gadget Blog

Email Subscribe

Receive the latest posts via e-mail.. don't worry, I promise I won't spam you and the email delivery is managed by feedburner so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Subscribe to Feed

Labels