Thursday, June 16, 2005

Book Review: The Irresistible Offer How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less

I received my advanced review copy of Mark Joyner's new book: The Irresistible Offer How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less, a couple of weeks ago.

Although, I've clearly stated that my blog will never be biased, I find it almost impossible, not to be biased towards Mark's work, since he's always been such a great friend and mentor over the years I've known him.

Having worked closely with, and studied Mark closely for many years, I always find his written work provides a fascinating window into the man's thinking and his understanding of psychological motivators and human nature.

Just as with his previous #1 best seller, extensively titled: MindControlMarketing.com, How Everyday People are Using Ruthless Military Tactics and Forbidden Mind Control Psychology to Make Millions Online... (all in one breath) Mark manages to get across some very detailed principals and ideas, using language and analogies that can be clearly understood by the average man in the street. Including a successful breakdown of the mechanics of a viral system, based on it's biological analogy.

The book outlines every aspect of creating and presenting an irresistible offer and describes in great detail exactly what does and does not constitute and irrisitable offer. Among other things is a careful explaination of how he repetedly used the "triple your money back guarantee" to reverse the risk.

The book is contains plenty of real life case studies, of marketing and brand positioning, from household names to some lesser know companies who's marketing pitches have not only caught his eye but had him reaching for his credit card. The book details exactly how they won his business.

I strongly recommend this book to anyone faintly interested in viral marketing, and it's a must read for anyone selling products online or offline. The book is not yet available but I'll give you notice as soon as it is and how to get a discounted copy, just subscribe to my RSS feed.

No comments:

Email Subscribe

Receive the latest posts via e-mail.. don't worry, I promise I won't spam you and the email delivery is managed by feedburner so you can unsubscribe at any time.

Subscribe to Feed

Labels